Cinnamon: The Super Spice!
Cinnamon has long been known for its health and healing properties. Benefits include anti-clotting actions, anti-microbial and fungal activity as well as blood sugar control. Many people have the stubborn yeast called Candida. Cinnamon has been found to help stop the growth of this nasty fungus. Among it’s many benefits, cinnamon has one of the highest antioxidant levels of any spice. This super spice can also help reduce blood sugar spikes after eating foods loaded with carbohydrates. If eating a high carb meal, season with cinnamon to help lessen its effect on blood sugar levels.
Here are a few ways to add cinnamon to your day:
- Sprinkle hot cereal with cinnamon in the morning
- Diffuse cinnamon essential oil
- Simmer cinnamon sticks with your favorite type of milk and honey
- Add ground cinnamon to black beans and enjoy a distinctively, delicious taste
- Spice up your holiday dishes by making a cinnamon turkey glaze or healthy peanut butter cookies.